Monday, April 28, 2008

My Husband is a Lucky Man

Why you might ask? Because he isn't here. If he was, I would kill him! Why again you might ask? B/c his cheap ass changed our wonderful Time Warner Cable Television into Direct TV (Satelitte) AND IT GOES OUT WHEN IT RAINS!!!!! The switch happened on Thursday, my husband left to go out of town for some boondoggle on Satursday, and Sunday I want to sit down to watch TV. If you live in Raleigh (or on the east coast for that matter) you know why I'm so pissed. It has been raining nonstop here for about the last 24 hours and Sunday Night TV (Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters) is some of my favorite! Last night I came home from doing errands around 7 pm and wanted to relax with a little mindless TV - there were torrential storms outside - but since this had never affected my TV watching before I thought nothing of it. Until I turned on the TV and it had some signal issue 771. Oh hell no - so I call Direct TV get their automated technical support that has the audacity to tell me 771 means "you might be having bad weather in your area and try your TV again when it stops". That was technical support? WTF! The TV actually came back on 10 minutes before Desperate Housewives (good karma perhaps?) but cut out a couple times during the show and during Brothers and Sisters. So here is my question and I will stop ranting - What happened when the cop came over to Dylan on the bench - what did he tell her? Hopefully that is the only significant thing I missed. It is supposed to rain all day today too - good thing I don't like any Monday night TV:)!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Every single month when we get our TWC bill Nick demands that we change to satellite... and yet, we still have TWC because of this exact reason... we had Direct at my parents' house for a few years when I was growing up and they sure as heck kicked it to the curb!

Hopefully, Nick will never figure out how to call the cable company and cancel our service... no matter how much I hate TWC (oh and believe me, I despise them) I can't deal with not having instant gratification when I want to watch something ;-)

TheWindingRoad said...

The cop came over to the bench and told her that he followed her before attempting to give her a ticket. He also said that he was her father. He's a little too spooky for me. Think there's more to the story??

Mandy said...

He was spooky - I don't like him - and I hope he isn't on too many times - someone will kill him off soon:). Actually that is what I thought he must have said - I don't think he's the father though. thanks for the update!

Nelly said...

my mother threatened my parents marriage when my dad did this. (jokingly of course...I think!?)

Would love to be added as a daily ready and Ill join your readers as well! -- and Ill have to stop by your shop soon!